top 8 tips for cold weather skin care
We’re well into fall and winter is just around the corner. As temperatures drop and there’s less humidity in the air, sometimes dry, cracked, less-than-glowing skin kicks in. No matter what your skin type is, cold, dry weather can affect your complexion.
Here are our top eight tips to help you care for your skin during these cold weather months:
1. Stay hydrated. When it cools down outside and you’re not spending as much time in the sun, it’s easy to forget to drink water. Be sure to keep drinking those eight glasses of water a day throughout the fall and winter to help keep your body hydrated.
2. Cleanse twice a day. It doesn’t matter that you’re not going outside or sweating as much. Your skin still needs to be cleansed with a hydrating cleanser like our refresh cleanser with pre+probiotics to remove dirt and other impurities and preserve moisture, leaving your skin looking and feeling fresh and balanced.
3. Exfoliate. Dead skin cells tend to build up and become more noticeable in colder weather. Use our exfoliator with pre+probiotics two or three times a week to feed and defend your skin while gentle wax scrubbing beads softly smooth your complexion.
Our sugar body scrubs (lemon, pink grapefruit, and limited-release candy cane, available only through December 2020 or while supplies last) are great for all-over exfoliation, helping to remove surface buildup while moisturizing with coconut oil for soft, supple, super-hydrated skin.
4. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! After you wash your face and anytime throughout the day, apply refresh moisturizer with pre+probiotics. Add a few drops of beauty booster to your moisturizer to enhance hydration morning and night. Apply skin-nourishing body butter with pre+probiotics to your entire body immediately after your shower to lock in moisture and prevent dry, itchy skin. It’s super hydrating and smells incredible in our regular scent or limited release almond biscotti holiday scent (available only through December 2020 or while supplies last).
5. Add a serum to your skin care routine. A moisture-trapping serum will help your skin retain moisture and keep it looking its best. Our lightweight, non-oily hyaluronic acid helps hydrate skin, restore elasticity, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Apply when skin is moist, after using toner, or mix right into your moisturizer.
At night, apply ultra-moisturizing and super soothing refresh night serum with probiotics to balance and revitalize your complexion with the help of COQ10 and carrot root oil while defending against the effects of free radicals, a contributor to aging skin.
6. Make hands a priority. You’re likely to be washing your hands several times throughout the day, which can cause moisture depletion. Although shaking hands is a no-no these days, you still want to keep your skin hydrated and smooth, and here’s how: use pure haven moisturizing hand soap followed by hand cream with pre+probiotics to help seal in moisture.
7. Pay attention to rough spots. For really rough spots, moisturize with dream cream, available for a limited time in almond biscotti and candy cane, and always available in our signature sweet orange. This intense ultra-hydrating cream moisturizes and softens rough, dry skin on hands, elbows, knees … all over!
8. Stop licking your lips. In addition to dryer weather, habitually licking your lips can strip them of moisture, causing more dryness. To make sure your lips have enough moisture, apply lip balm throughout the day. This holiday season try pure haven’s lip balm trio or lip plumping gloss, both available through December 2020 or while supplies last.
For more about pure haven’s winter skin saving products, contact your pure haven Consultant. Be sure to ask about limited release products that are available only while supplies last.